Read the profiles of your selected participants on MENU Magazine. Stay tuned for more updates!
Purchasing ENERGY STAR® certified equipment vs standard models will use 30-90% less energy.
Look for the BLUE STAR —and open the door to new possibilities for your business.
- Install LED lighting, they use at least 75-90% less energy than incandescent bulbs
- Fryers shorten cooking and recovery times and use 30-35% less energy
- Griddles save energy and have higher production rates with more uniformity of temperature
- Dishwashers use 40% less energy and 40% less water
- Commercial fridges and freezers use 40% less than standard equipment
- Coffee brewers use 35% less energy
- Commercial steam cookers use 38-50% less energy and 90% less water
- Hot food holding cabinets use up to 70% less energy
Learn more about financial incentives and rebates for your province.
LEAF audit grants are now available to help independent restaurateurs start or continue their journey to more sustainable operations. This opportunity will make LEAF certification possible for those that face financial or other barriers.
Learn more: https://www.leafme.org/grants