Read the profiles of your selected participants on MENU Magazine. Stay tuned for more updates!
Saving Energy Means Saving Money
Restaurants are among the most energy-intensive commercial spaces and utilities are one of the highest costs facing restaurateurs. Join us for a webinar with experts from the Foodservice Energy Challenge to learn what actions and practices operators put in place to increase their bottom line and protect the environment.
Purchasing ENERGY STAR® certified equipment vs standard models will use 30-90% less energy.
Look for the BLUE STAR —and open the door to new possibilities for your business.
- Install LED lighting, they use at least 75-90% less energy than incandescent bulbs
- Fryers shorten cooking and recovery times and use 30-35% less energy
- Griddles save energy and have higher production rates with more uniformity of temperature
- Dishwashers use 40% less energy and 40% less water
- Commercial fridges and freezers use 40% less than standard equipment
- Coffee brewers use 35% less energy
- Commercial steam cookers use 38-50% less energy and 90% less water
- Hot food holding cabinets use up to 70% less energy
Learn more about financial incentives and rebates for your province.
LEAF Audit Grants
LEAF audit grants are now available to help independent restaurateurs start or continue their journey to more sustainable operations. This opportunity will make LEAF certification possible for those that face financial or other barriers.
Learn more: https://www.leafme.org/grants
Climate Action Incentive Fund
Businesses in the provinces of Ontario, New Brunswick, Manitoba, Saskatchewan are eligible to apply and can receive funding of up to 25 percent of the cost of projects that will make their businesses more productive and competitive as they reduce energy use, save money, and cut greenhouse gas pollution. Learn More
Want to know more about our champions' journey to saving energy and money?
Check out these stories on MENU Mag: