Just over 2 1/2 weeks ago, Restaurants Canada worked tirelessly to put on the best Hospitality and Foodservice trade show that this country has ever seen! We're happy to announce one of our most successful shows to date. In honour of this great event, we'd like to bring you back to when it all happened with a recap video, and 3 days of photographs (for your viewing pleasure).
But first, some stats on the show:
• 14,462 restaurateurs, hospitality professionals and buyers
• 1,000 exhibits with product innovation
• 9 pavilions with trending products and services
• 150 presentations, demos, workshops and seminars
- Normand Laprise of Toqué! was celebrated for his #1 spot as Canada’s 100 Best Restaurants were revealed
- Restaurateur and inclusive employment advocate Mark Wafer of Tim Hortons received the Restaurants Canada Leadership Award at Breakfast With Champions
- Over 90 bartenders competed for the $25,000 Top Shelf Bartender of the Year Competition and Jake Valianes won top prize
- 10 baristas competed in the Latte Art Challenge and Bruce Ly won $2,000
- The Frankie Tomatto’s Restaurant Innovation Award went to Kathryn Gee and Sara Herrche from Humber CollegeThe Humber College Iron Chef winner is Jonathan Rocha
- The Italian Trade Commission’s trip to Parma Cibus winners are from Big Wave Marketing and
Thomas, Large and Singer
- Over 6,500 lbs. of food donated to the Daily Bread Food Bank
Thank you for making this the biggest, and best, Restaurants Canada Show to date. We couldn't have done it without you!
Check out our recap below! For photos of the three days, mosey on over to www.restaurantshow.ca.